The first building was constructed in 1873 on the site of the present church. In 1893, the school building was relocated to a second site just south of the first church, which would have located it on Lincoln Avenue approximately west of the rectory. This building was utilized until 1928 when the new school building on Niles Center Road was constructed on property purchased by Fr. Evers from Benjamin Blameuser. The new ten-room school building, planned by Fr. Wolfgarten was dedicated by Fr. Eckert on October 14, 1928.
The cost of the basement of the 1928 building was donated by a pair of Luxembourg immigrants, Cornelius and Johanna De Muth Kellen. In keeping with their heritage, the Kellen family operated greenhouses to the north of the school. A large bronze plaque above the entry doors notes their generous contribution. This room is used as the school cafeteria and served as the parish theater until the chapel/auditorium was built in 1954. One can still see the outlines of the old stage in the cafeteria. In 1928, 217 pupils attended school in the new building, and Sr. Angiolina, O.S.F., was principal.